Welcome to the Richard Johnston Inn B & B
- 1890 Caroline House was featured in Romantic Homes (February 2011 issue) magazine
- Chosen by Southern Living Readers Choice Awards as “One of the Best Bed and Breakfast in the South”
- Voted “The Best of Washington for Weekend Get Aways” by The Washingtonian
- Voted “Best in the Burg” by readers of the local newspaper, The Front Porch
- Featured on WUSA TV with reporter Jan Fox as “One of the Most Romantic Inns in Virginia”
- The Washington Post states: “In less than an hour from Washington, you can feel far, far away by visiting Historic Fredericksburg and The Richard Johnston Inn
1890 Caroline House- Our Sister Property
THE 1890 CAROLINE HOUSE - located 1 block from the train station on the main street of Historic Fredericksburg. Built in 1890 and purchased at auction by Jackie and Chuck Leopold March 17th, 2006. The Caroline House has been refurbished to its original grandeur with all of the modern conveniences to make your visit memorable.
We offer you 3 elegant rooms with Jacuzzi tubs, exquisite hand-made mosaic showers, king size beds, quality linens and amenities.
For more information on the 1890 Caroline House, please visit their website.
Meet The Owners
Jackie and Chuck Leopold are from Woodbridge, VA. They also own the Windemere Inn by the Sea in Indiatlantic, FLorida, the 1890 Caroline House in Fredericksburg and the Ashby Inn in Paris, Virginia.